Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tortilla Chips With a Twist

I always try to squeeze in a trip to Trader Joe's when I visit Kansas City.  However, I knew my visit last weekend consisted of a tight schedule (and, yes, by that I mean I had to attend a pool party and get my tan on) so my mom graciously offered to go for me before I got there.  What a mom!  When I arrived in KC I found out both my mom and dad went to get the items on my list for me.  Turns out, perhaps my mom should go alone next time.  To quote what my dad said to me when I arrived, "You sure sent us on a hunt for some weird stuff."  Weird?  I don't know about that...more like, AWESOME stuff!  My husband was the first to try these sweet potato tortilla chips last night.  He got home from work before me and when I walked in he told me they were really good.  I whipped up some black bean corn salsa to try for myself and I agree-they are delicious!  Unfortunately, I threw my receipt away and I don't remember how much they cost, but it's Trader Joe's, which means they are affordable.  And, while they may not be as healthy as my regular Baked Scoops, I feel a little better about it since they are made with sweet potatoes.  If you are a Trader Joe's shopper, pick up some of these on your next visit!

And, don't worry, I'll get to more of the "weird" stuff I got soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love TJ's!! I'll definitely be trying these this summer when I'm in KC! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments!