Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Burger

Happy 4th of July! I love, love, love holidays! I think it's all the fond family memories it stirs up and things you remember about each specific one. Many times, certain foods remind you of a particular holiday. For the 4th of July I think of margaritas and black bean corn salsa poolside with my mama. I blame her for my sometimes over-the-top holiday cheer. Exhibit A: this is how my margarita was delivered to me last 4th of July.




Pretty awesome, huh? I was a little bummed the 4th fell on a Wednesday this year and we couldn't make it back to KC to spend the holiday with family. But, guess what? God has blessed us with some great friends in Wichita and they had us over for a BBQ last night. Scott and Katie grilled burgers and went over the top and out of their way for me. Here's my burger...


Looks amazing, doesn't it? Well, it was. They grilled me my first ever portobello mushroom burger and I am sold! I've made stuffed portobellos in the oven, but have yet to try them on the grill. After last night, I'm anxiously awaiting tailgating season so I can break some of these bad boys out. Katie was inspired by this recipe. However, they did some more research and marinated mine in some olive oil and garlic and then Scott grilled it.  Katie did make the balsamic glaze and that over the pepper jack cheese was the perfect finishing touch. Thank you to Scott and Katie for the great meal and fun celebrating the 4th of July! And, Mom, don't worry-I made black bean corn salsa and enjoyed a margarita today!

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute, I didn't see you snap the picture :) I'm really glad you liked it and felt it was blogworthy, you just made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments!