Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Revocup Coffee Shop


A few weeks ago, while having dinner with friends, one of the people at my mom’s table ordered a cup of coffee after dinner.  Their server told them about the best coffee in town at a coffee shop called Revocup.  Coincidentally, the next week Tyler (my brother) had a friend tell him she had an amazing cup of coffee while she was home visiting over the weekend and it was from Revocup. 

Several years ago my parents bought a latte machine and they had fresh coffee beans delivered each week from a company to their house.  At that time, I happened to work with my parents and my office was in their basement.  Each day, a latte was waiting in front of my computer when I arrived to work.  Oh, those were the days. J  Anyway, my parents are big timers now and have switched to regular coffee and ditched the latte machine.  Sadly, that small, locally owned coffee bean company went out of business and my parents started buying their coffee beans from Trader Joe’s.  However, after two people recommended it within a week, my mom visited Revocup.  She found a new place to buy her freshly roasted coffee beans and support locally!

We had a wedding Sunday night in Kansas City so Josh and I both took Monday off and I got to spend all day with my mom.  It was fabulous!  My mom and I started our Monday Funday at Revocup.  I am not a coffee expert, but oh my goodness.  This is what I wanted to do…



I could have shouted, “Congratulations!  You did it!  You made the world’s best cup of coffee!”  But, I refrained from unleashing my inner Buddy the Elf and calmly enjoyed my café au lait.  They roasted a bourbon pecan bean that was OUT OF THIS WORLD.  Again, I know pretty much nothing about coffee, but I know that was the best of cup of coffee I have ever had.  Ever.  Trust me.

The owners are a husband and wife (love it!) and they are from Ethiopia.  They receive their green coffee beans from overseas and roast them right there at the coffee shop.  The store is located at College and Quivira.  It is not new and I must have driven by it a hundred times and never noticed it, but you can tell they have some dedicated customers.  We sat and enjoyed our coffee and almost everyone who walked in the barista waved at and new who they were.  I failed to get a picture of the inside; it’s nothing fancy, but it has some tables and couches.  It was cozy and would be a nice place to meet someone for coffee.  On a Monday at 8:45 a.m. it looked like business was good.  There were several people sitting around the room as well as a few to go orders that came in.  Their hours are 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. M-F, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.  If you live in Kansas City you need to give this place a try.  I can’t wait to go back…I might make them a sign to hang in the window to let everyone know it’s the greatest cup of coffee...maybe not in the world, but for sure, in Kansas City!

3 comments:

  1. Haaaaaaaa! This post is 100% awesome. Best Buddy The Elf reference ever. NAILED IT! And I will definitely be trying this place out either this weekend or next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear what you think. Definitely get the bourbon pecan if they have it brewed. You guys are way more into coffee than me so you'll enjoy it even more than me!

      Delete
  2. Never tried their coffee but it sure sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments!