Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Whole Wheat Mini Banana Muffins


I don’t bake much, but I hate throwing food away.  So, several weeks ago when some of our bananas browned before we ate them I decided to test a new recipe out.  It came from one of my favorite bloggers, Sugar Free Mom. (www.sugarfreemom.com)  I receive her daily e-mails, but I wasn’t sure how these would turn out because some things I try of hers are really tasty, but some of it has been not so tasty.  However, I ate all these up already and need to make a new batch.   I hope you like them as much as I did!

Ingredients

3 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
4 oz cream cheese, light, softened (I used neufchatel cheese)
2 c. white whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
1/2 c. applesauce, unsweetened
1/2 c. milk of choice (I used almond milk)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
6 packets stevia (Aldi carries this now!)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, flaxseed, stevia, and salt and mix well.

In another bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, applesauce, and milk. Add them to the mixer and combine well.

Add cream cheese and banana’s and mix until combined.

Stir in chocolate choips.

Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, pour the mixture into each cup. If you want more mini muffins, fill them 3/4 of the way. If you want larger ones, fill them level to the top of the cup.

Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out pretty clean. Let them cool for a few minutes then finish cooling them on a wire rack.

Nutrition Info
Servings: 36* Calories: 61* Fat: 3g* Fiber: 1g* Carbs: 9g* Protein: 2g* Points+: 2*

I placed these in the freezer and then each night put a couple in the refrigerator and I was set for breakfast the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!