Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Half & Half

I try not to make many recipes that call for heavy cream.  However, when I do, I always substitute it with half and half.  I thought I'd share the ingredients list with you from the fat free half and half and then the regular. 


 
If you don't look at the ingredients list you would probably grab the fat free at the grocery store assuming it was better for you.  But, look at all those ingredients!  Plus, the third ingredient listed is corn syrup, which I try to avoid whenever possible. 
 
Here's the regular, "full fat" version.

 
 
Only two ingredients and I know what they are!  Yes, you will ingest more fat than with the fat free.  However, I prefer to eat more all natural fat than a bunch of ingredients I've never heard of.  Besides, if you use half and half very sparingly you and the scale can keep a happy relationship!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!