Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Ravioli

Before you get excited, this isn't a post about making ravioli.  Although I have made pumpkin ravioli before, I'm yet to do so this fall.  In the same trip to Aldi that I found pumpkin salsa I also found pumpkin ravioli.  I'm telling you, I hit the jackpot!  (Yes, I could be an Aldi spokesperson...if only they would update that 1970's logo and horrible orange/brown tile.  It's like traveling back in time when you walk through those doors)  Anyway...Josh went to West Virginia for the K-State game with his Dad so I was on my own for dinner.  I had some pasta sauce in the freezer that I thawed and voila, easy game time dinner was ready.  Although it would be nice if these were whole wheat, even with the white flour, it's still better than pizza and beer, right?

 
You can find these in the frozen section and I don't remember how much they were, but they were cheap.  There's a recipe on the back for a sauce, but it was straight sugar so I opted for homemade red sauce.  I'm not sure if it's weird to put red sauce on it, but it tasted great to me!  I also put a couple ravioli in a bowl and drizzled some olive oil on top and sprinkled it with goat cheese.  That was a nice option as well.  Today in the World Market ad I saw a jar of pumpkin pasta sauce.  How exciting!  I may go buy a jar or I may look up a recipe for the next time I make these.
 

 


The serving size is 5 ravioli and they are big so I thought 5 was enough.  I still have some left, but I'll be stocking up on bags of this along with my pumpkin salsa on my trip to Aldi tomorrow.





2 comments:

  1. YUM! I will be buying those and pumpkin salsa this weekend! Do you think they'd be good with a pesto sauce? That sounds tasty to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pesto is a great idea. I have some...I'm going to try it this week and I'll let you know!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments!