Thursday, October 4, 2012

WIAW #6




Don't you just love the new October WIAW board?  I started my Wednesday with a healthy Halloween Treat.  Well, I consider it a treat.  Breakfast was leftover Pumpkin Steel Cut oats.  Just as delicious the next day...and day after that...and day after that.  Yes, I've had a bowl of these every day since Sunday for breakfast. 


                                        


 I also had a cup of Peppermint Tea from Trader Joe's with my breakfast.


My morning snack was some red grapes.  Probably my favorite fruit...and perhaps explains my love for red wine. :)   




Lunch was a bit random.  I had some leftover risotto, 5 tofu edamame nuggets with sriracha ketchup, and some vegetables.



For a snack I had two no bake pumpkin bites.





Josh was on call last night so I made my go to meal for when he's gone and I don't try a new recipe.  It's just brown rice and Asian vegetables. (I buy a huge bag at Sam's and always have it in the freezer)  I throw them on the stove with some garlic, soy sauce, and of course sriracha sauce.  I usually try to add some tofu, but I didn't have any so vegetables and rice it was.  Oh, and a glass of Cabernet.  Duh.

And...then I thought about leaving this off because you would never know. :)  But, that wouldn't be truthful so I should tell you at 8:00 my stomach was growling.  I woke up yesterday with my stomach growling.  One of those days.  Clearly, since I didn't have any tofu (aka: protein) to fill me up from dinner I should have made some edamame to eat with my dinner.  I was actually hungry, not just randomly snacking so I opted for a late night snack. Okay, I know 8:00 isn't late night for most of you, but for me that's quite close to my bedtime!  I chose a bowl of Life cereal with vanilla almond milk.  Hit the spot.  Then I woke up today stomach growling again.  I mean, really?!  Josh likes to say maybe it's a growth spurt and my "girls" are finally coming in. Sorry, honey, I'm 28...I think I'm just hungry.

                            

Here's to an October filled with spooky snacks and healthy Halloween treats! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!